Bray will mark International Day of Yoga by hosting a Yoga Day on Saturday, June 19th 2021, at 10 am on the Seafront, where people who want to connect to their body, mind and soul will be able to join in on the celebrations.
The day aims to raise awareness about the importance and impact of yoga on people’s well-being.
Yoga therapist Elaine Harris will host the 60-minute free feel-good class. The session has limited participants, which is in line with COVID-19 outdoor gathering guidelines with social distancing measures in place. The class is designed for people of all levels of fitness. It is only open to over 18’s and is weather permitting.
Check-in on the day will take place from 9:30 am opposite the bandstand, with the class taking place in the social distance circles (2 people per circle/pod) on Bray seafront.
So why not come along and join us… all you need to bring is your own yoga mat, towel, water and an open mind. You can register using the ‘Click here’ button below.
Class participants can share their pictures and videos of the yoga class on social media using the hashtags #InternationalYogaDay and #YogaDayBray.
- Check-in information will be used for contract tracking.
- At all times social distancing measures must adhere to.
- Face coverings must be worn when staying 2 metres apart from people is difficult and in busy outdoor spaces where a lot of people gather.
- The organisers will not accept liability for damages of any nature sustained by participants, or loss of, or damage to their personal property as a result of the class.
- By attending any bray.ie event or events, all participants agree to the following: photos, audio, and video recordings will be taken throughout the event, which will be used on organisers’ social media channels, websites, and external sites and partners sites.
- We respect your privacy and the photos are for the organiser’s and partners’ use only.
About the International Day of Yoga
The International Day of Yoga has been celebrated annually on the 21st of June since 2015, following its inception in the United Nations General Assembly in 2014. Yoga is a physical, mental and spiritual practice that originated in India and dates back to pre-Vedic times.
About Yoga Therapist Elaine Harris
Elaine Harris is a yoga therapist and author. She has been practising yoga for over 15 years and facilitating yoga offerings for almost a decade. With over 1200 hours of yoga training, she offers Yoga Therapy for adults, Vinyasa Flow and Hatha Yoga, Pregnancy Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Trauma-Informed Yoga and Therapeutic Yoga for Children. You can follow Elaine on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/elaineharrisyoga.
Bray is a coastal town in County Wicklow and is situated about 20 km south of Dublin city centre on the east coast. It is the ninth-largest urban area within the Republic of Ireland.
This event is supported by County Wicklow Sports and Recreation Partnership, Wicklow County Council and Bray.ie. Bray.ie is a trading name of Bray Tourism.
Join the conversation – Campaign hashtags are #SummerInBray #InternationalYogaDay #YogaDayBray