So as the year comes to a close it’s a great time to review some of our key achievements.
- We’ve reached out to a whopping 4.6 million users across our social networks
- The Bray Air Display and the ‘Summer in Bray’ tourism initiative won Silver at The All Ireland Community and Council Awards
- Katie Taylor, the new undisputed lightweight champion of the world got a hero’s welcome
- Bray became the 10th destination to host the prestigious EcoTrail event
- The Bray to Greystones Cliff Walk is the No. 1 tourist attraction
Our 2019 Social Reach
(Analytic information is from January 1st to December 18th 2019).
Our 2019 Highlights
- In 2019, we have reached out to a whopping 4.6 million users across our social networks – That’s an increase of 1 million on 2018 statistics
- Since launching the www.bray.ie website we have had over 1 million visits & 3.2 million page views. We reached this milestone earlier this year. You can read more here: https://www.bray.ie/bray-ie-reaches-1-million-visitor-milestone/
- Facebook is our most favourite network reaching over 2.3 million in 2019
- We have engaged with over 1.1 million users on Twitter
- Our video content throughout our social networks was watched by +140k. Watch an example of our content here: https://twitter.com/bray_ie/status/1164130023550464006
- The Bray Air Display and the ‘Summer in Bray’ tourism initiative won Silver at The All Ireland Community and Council Awards which are presented by IPB Insurance and LAMA. Read more here: https://www.bray.ie/successful-night-for-bray-at-the-all-ireland-community-and-council-awards-2019/
- bray.ie was shortlisted for Best Connected Community at the All-Ireland Community & Council Awards. We won the award in 2017. Read more here: https://www.bray.ie/bray-ie-wins-best-connected-community-award/
- Our initiatives/campaigns have helped drive a positive upbeat message about our town, its tourism products, offers and experiences. Here’s an example: https://www.bray.ie/summer2019/
- Bray has become a destination to help celebrate the spirit of St. Patrick with 30 free events including a funfair, live music, an open-air céilí, puppet shows, street theatre, walks, trails and of course the main event the Festival Parade. Read more here: https://www.bray.ie/st-patricks-day-festival/
- We were delighted to host the Hula Hoops 3X3 National League Championships which took place along Bray Seafront in May. Read more here: https://www.bray.ie/second-hula-hoops-3×3-championships-to-tip-off-in-bray/
- Thousands attended the Bray Air Display last July. Its social media reach was an incredible 2.5m. The national media coverage was extensive and the event featured on Virgin Media News and RTÉ News. Watch back the RTÉ News report here: https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1155561485059416065
- Bray Air Display returns in 2020 on Saturday, July 25th and Sunday, July 26th subject to licence. The lineup will be announced in early June 2020 via https://brayairdisplay.com
- The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall visited the #Bray district back in May. Search #RoyalVisitIreland on Twitter for a comprehensive overview.
- Bray became the 10th destination to host the prestigious EcoTrail event. Read more here: https://www.bray.ie/ecotrail-wicklow-to-start-and-finish-in-bray-on-28th-september-2019/
- Over 2,000 local public events have been submitted to our ‘What’s On’ guide. Check out the guide: https://www.bray.ie/brays-event-calendar/
- The Bray Municipal District Council commissioned a new public art piece in the People’s Park. The artwork is a comment on how the everyday actions of humanity contribute to the damage of our ecosystem. Take a look here: https://www.bray.ie/brays-newest-public-art-installation-unveiled/
- Bray regained the Blue Flag status for the 3rd year in a row https://www.bray.ie/brays-south-promenade-regained-blue-flag-2019/
- The Bray to Greystones Cliff Walk is the No. 1 tourist attraction: https://www.bray.ie/cliff-walk/
- Katie Taylor, the new undisputed lightweight champion of the world gets a hero’s welcome. Read more here: https://www.bray.ie/katie-taylor-given-a-heros-welcome/
- Bray’s annual festivals and events are just spectacular from the Bray Comedy Fest, Bray Jazz Festival, Bray Air Display, Summer In Bray to the Christmas In Bray initiative… They all play an absolutely crucial role in helping boost Bray’s image, showcase our tourism offer, culture and the incredible experiences that you can’t get anywhere else! Thanks to all the organising committees & businesses!
- Wicklow County Council undertook a Town Centre Health Check for Bray. Read more here: https://www.bray.ie/a-health-check-is-to-be-carried-out-on-bray-town-by-consultants-appointed-by-wicklow-county-council/
- The development of a new Town Centre on the Florentine site located on #Bray’s Main Street continued throughout 2019. It is envisaged that the centre will open in 2020. Read more about the development here: https://www.bray.ie/florentine-public-notice/
Top 10 most visited pages on Bray.ie in 2019:
- Cliff Walk
- Bray Festival
- Seafront Funfair
- St. Patrick’s Festival
- Bray Head Walk
- August Bank Holiday Fireworks Display
- Top things to do in Bray
- Summer 2019
- What’s on Guide
A big thanks to the many volunteers, businesses, community groups and local media who helped make our tourism initiatives and events a great success throughout 2019.
We really appreciate everyone that has helped share our content in 2019. We hope you continue to engage with us at bray.ie now and into the future.
View our infographicDownload our #ThisHappened 2019 full year infographic here.
Bray.ie was launched back in 2011. It was part of the Bray Town’s Economy Think Tank outputs. BETT (Bray Economic Think Tank) was an economic forum established in 2009 its aim was to create a sense of local pride, community spirit and to promote Bray as an ideal place to live, work and do business.