This week a strong united message came from all the Bray Municipal District Councillors as they collectively echoed the need to help Bray businesses bounce back as we emerge out of the Covid-19 crisis.
Anne Ferris, Cathaoirleach of Bray Municipal District said, “Coronavirus has had a huge impacted on us all. As the country gradually reopens safely, we need to continue to work together in order to save our local economy and contain the spread of the virus. As councillors, we’re encouraging the community to continue to avail of the great businesses that are on our doorstep. Our message is simple – invest in our town, shop local first and let’s have unity in our community.”
In recent weeks several initiatives have been implemented across the town to help drive a message of ‘Unity in the community’ during these uncertain and challenging times. They include:
- Council engineers have implemented some temporary changes throughout the District to ensure a safe space for people to navigate and businesses to operate in.
- The Council’s cleaning staff have cleaned street surfaces in high footfall areas around the town.
- Free standardised temporary ground graphics have been issued to local main street businesses in order to help them implement queuing measures to encourage social distancing.
- Shop Local First campaign was launched back in March to encourage consumers to spend locally and help businesses bounce back.
- ‘Unity in our community’ flags fly high on the seafront to show a symbol of local strength, unity and pride.
- Temporary ground graphics will showcase ‘Positivity Stones’ which aims to help promote positive mental health and wellbeing.
- ‘Soak up the long summer days in Bray safely‘ tourism campaign has been launched and it focuses on promoting the town post-COVID-19 and includes messages about ‘taking a staycation in Bray safely’ to ‘helping the retailers, hospitality and tourism sectors bounce back’.
COVID-19 information hubs
The dedicated COVID-19 information hubs aim is to help connect local businesses with customers, share some practical hints, tips, supports and links to help our town and community bounce back.
The hubs can be accessed via bray.ie:
- Covid-19 updates: https://www.bray.ie/covid19updates/
- Shop Local First: https://www.bray.ie/shoplocalfirst/
- Information hub for businesses: https://www.bray.ie/covid19businessinfohub/
The ‘Unity in our community’, ‘Bray bouncing back’ and Summer in Bray campaigns are supported by Bray Chamber, Wicklow County Council and Bray.ie. Bray.ie is a trading name of Bray Tourism.
The campaigns will be supported by public signage, radio and social media campaign.
Campaign taglines – ‘Soak up the long summer days in Bray’; ‘Unity in our community’ and ‘Bray bouncing back’
Join the conversation – Campaign hashtags are #SummerInBray #UnityInOurCommunity #BrayBouncingBack #MakeABreakForIt
Latest news – Be sure to stay up to date by following bray.ie on Twitter: https://twitter.com/bray_ie, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/braytown or on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/braydotie/.