Bray’s Christmas Lights Switch-on goes virtual for 2020!
Bray Chamber, Bray.ie and the Bray Municipal District Council have announced the transformation of the traditional Christmas Light Switch-On into a free live-streamed event for 2020, as part of the Christmas In Bray festivities.
Bray’s Virtual Christmas Lights Switch-On 2020 took place online via this page on Saturday, November 21st 2020 from 5:00 pm. The event was hosted by local Bray comedian Adam Burke, it was streamed live from the Bray Town Hall and featured music performances, a very special guest dialling in directly from the North Pole and lots more fun and surprises.
Benefit from us bringing forward the official switch-on
Ruth Donnelly, Bray & District Chamber of Commerce President said “We are conscious that this year has had a financial impact on many of us and we hope that town centre businesses can benefit from us bringing forward the official switch-on. We’re encouraging the community to continue to shop local first, to spread their spending over a longer period by taking advantage of the local online stores, utilising the many click n’ collect and delivery options available, but more importantly they can avoid crowds and stay safe by allowing shops to maintain social distancing.”
The Christmas In Bray campaign aims to drive footfall safely into the town in support of all businesses once Level 5 Covid-19 restrictions have been lifted.
It’s beginning to look a lot like #Christmas… A big thanks to Aidan O’Toole capturing Bray’s Christmas Lights Switch-On 2020
It's beginning to look a lot like #Christmas… A big thanks to Aidan O’Toole capturing this!
— bray.ie (@bray_ie) November 21, 2020
Christmas In Bray events/activities for 2020
Throughout the festive season, there’s an array of events and activities to keep all the family entertained. They include:
- Bray’s Virtual Christmas Lights Switch-On 2020 – This event was streamed live on Saturday, 21st November 2020 from 5:00 pm. Watch it back via our Facebook Page here.
- Christmas Projections on the Town Hall and Civic offices… watch iconic buildings shine bright with a Christmas theme projections
- *Santa’s Post Box – children wanting to send letters to Father Christmas can do so at the Bray Town Hall until Friday, December 11th 2020
- Christmas Make & Do Virtual Workshops will include learning how to make a gingerbread man, festive cocktails and mocktails made easy and learning how to kick-start your Christmas dinner with an easy-but-impressive starter
- Christmas stories for kids online with thanks to the Bray Library service
- Colour #ChristmasInBray competition
- Christmas giveaways including ‘*Find the Bray.ie Elf’ and a virtual festive quiz
- Top 10 Christmas Gifts list – Get in the festive shopping spirit with spectacular gifts available from local retailers
- Top 80 #ChristmasInBray Spotify playlist – This playlist is sure to get you in a festive mood!
Simply click on the Christmas In Bray event/activity image below to reveal more information.
*Activities such as ‘Find the Bray.ie Elf’ are subject to Level 5 Covid-19 restrictions being lifted! All events and activities are subject to change without notice. Competition closing date is Friday, December 18th 2020. Please keep an eye on our social media pages, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram for updates.
Other fantastic community events taking place this Christmas
- Bray Methodist Church will hold their Virtual Christmas Fair on Saturday, November 21st from 10:30 am to 1 pm on Zoom. The meeting ID is 353 155 2004 and password: #CHRISTMAS. Join here.
- Christ Church Bray presents Lighten Our Darkness An ADVENTure for Christmas from November 29th. Read more here.
- Christ Church Bray presents Classics by Candlelight with the Harte Family on Monday, November 30th at 7 pm. Watch here. To view the concert please donate to Purple House at the following link: https://www.idonate.ie/classicsbycandlelight.
- Purple House Cancer Support’s Virtual Christmas event takes place on Friday, December 4tth. Check out their Facebook page for updates. They are also hosting a Virtual Christmas tree which allows us to share memories and dedicate a message to our loved ones at this special time of year. You can leave your message here.
- Enniskerry’s Christmas Tree lights will be turned on this evening. Good luck to everyone involved. You can watch the switch-on via http://www.facebook.com/gcrdigitalradio.
If you are hosting a virtual community event. Please let us know by completing the online submission form here.
Anne Ferris, Cathaoirleach of Bray Municipal District said, “Bray’s Shop Local First initiative was originally launched back in March to encourage consumers to spend locally and help businesses bounce back. To support this campaign, free parking will be available throughout weekends in December at all Wicklow County Council Bray car parks. This year, the scheme has been extended to include on-street parking. The districts local businesses can get involved in the “Shop Local First” initiative by submitting a free listing here.”
Collaboratively, all stakeholders will continue to try and reach out to even more people in the lead up to Christmas through our digital platforms to raise the much-needed awareness that our town is open for business safely and responsibly.
Top 10 Christmas Gifts list
Local retailers do you have an ideal Christmas Gift and want to feature it on our ‘Top 10 Christmas Gifts list‘? Well, submit your perfect gift below. Terms apply.
Terms and conditions
- All deals & discounts must be open to the general public
- Closing date for submissions is December 11th 2020 at 6 pm
- Your independent business location must be within the Municipal District of Bray or in close proximity to it
- Bray.ie reserves the right not to promote or to remove Christmas gift from the listing that is not within or near Municipal District of Bray
- Bray.ie reserves the right not to promote or to remove from the listing without notice information it considers inappropriate
- It is the responsibility of the business owner/provider to ensure the Christmas gift details given are correct
- Bray.ie is not responsible for the content of any external websites and no endorsement of any of the deals or discounts, or any products or services contained on them is implied.
Bray Town Centre’s Christmas lights wouldn’t happen without the kind contributions from businesses in the town and Bray Municipal District Council. Thank you for making Bray sparkle this Christmas time.
If you are a local business and haven’t received details on contributing, please contact 012828248 or email email@example.com.
We would like to thank in advance the local press for the significant support in helping share our positive upbeat message about Christmas In Bray and other initiatives throughout the year.
The Christmas In Bray marketing campaign is supported by Bray Chamber, Wicklow County Council and Bray.ie. Bray.ie is a trading name of Bray Tourism.
Join the conversation – Use the hashtags #ChristmasInBray #BestOfBray #ShopLocalFirst #BrayBouncingBack #UnityInOurCommunity