The past 8 months we have been very busy increasing our digital output. Our community engagement strategy is a team effort and we are delighted to share with you all that we have reached a significant milestone in engaging with 2.4m users so far this year. This is an increase of +700k on the same period last year (Analytic information is from January 1 to August 30th 2018).
Below outlines some of our key achievements:
Our 2018 Social Reach so far
Our 2018 Highlights
- Since launching www.bray.ie website we have had +872k visits with 2.35 million page views.
- So far in 2018, we have reached out to over 2.4 million users across our social networks.
- Our video content throughout our social networks was watched by +100k so far in 2018.
- We have engaged with over 168k users via our Instagram page.
- With +43k page views the top search on www.bray.ie was for the ‘Festivals in Bray’ bray.ie/brays-festivals/.
- Bray has become a destination to help celebrate the spirit of St. Patrick and in the past 3 years, there have been over 100k visitors alone so it’s no wonder that the second highest search on bray.ie was for the St. Patrick’s festival: bray.ie/st-patricks-day-festival/
- Back in February bray.ie was nominated for the Best Connected Community at the Community and Council Awards. We won the award in 2017 you can read more here.
- In May, Bray regained the Blue Flag status for the second year in a row.
- The Cliff Walk again was crowned #Bray’s number 1 tourist attraction for the 1st half of 2018.
- In June, we launched our summer tourism campaign. The strategy aimed to help promote our town & its events during the summer season. Events included Wings Food Fest, outdoor movies on the beach, free music concerts & the Seafront Fun Fair. Read more about the campaign here.
- The second colour themed fun run The Colour Rush took place in June to help raise funds to find a permanent home for Bray’s local football club Ardmore Rovers FC.
- The Bray Air DIsplay won Silver in the ‘Best Tourism Initiative’ category at the All-Ireland Community and Council Awards 2018 then in July up to 140,000 people attended the festival. Its social media reach was a whopping 4.6m. The national media coverage was also incredible which really helped to promote the Bray brand.
- Thousands attended the Wings Food Fest in July.
- 1,400 local events have been submitted to our ‘What’s On‘ guide.
- The ‘Brave Maeve Children’s Myth & Art Trail’ won the ‘Best Use of Creativity in the Community’ Award at the Business to Arts Awards. The #BraveMaeveStoryTrail was launched back in November 2017.
Top 10 most visited pages/posts so far 2018 via Bray.ie were:
- Bray.ie Home Page
- Bray Festivals – Summer in Bray campaign
- St. Patricks Festival Bray
- Top things to do in Bray
- The Cliff Walk
- Seafront Fun Fair
- Bray Head Walk
- Bray Air Display
- What’s On Guide
- Great Sugarloaf Walk
A big thanks to the many volunteers, businesses, community groups and local media who helped make our spring/summer tourism initiatives a great success in 2018.
Thanks for helping share our content in 2018 so far. We hope you continue to engage with us @bray_ie throughout the rest of 2018 & beyond.
We look forward to increasing our connections with the local community now and into the future.
View our infographic
Or download our #ThisHappened 2018 half year infographic here.
Bray.ie was launched back in 2011. It was part of the Bray Town’s Economy Think Tank outputs. BETT (Bray Economic Think Tank) was an economic forum established in 2009 its aim was to create a sense of local pride, community spirit and to promote Bray as an ideal place to live, work and do business.