Bray Central will enhance the location’s unique character and build on the heritage of this busy town, creating a hub for contemporary living.
Bray Central is an impressive leisure, dining and retail development located in the heart of the thriving town of Bray. Bray has seen unprecedented growth over recent years and now boasts one of Ireland’s largest urban populations. The large coastal commuter town is situated proximately 20 km south of Dublin city centre and serves the North Wicklow market. Bray has excellent public transport links via DART, national rail services, Dublin Bus/ Bus Eireann routes and is well served by the national road network, via the M11 and M50. With a strong tourist and heritage base, Bray is the gateway to the Wicklow Mountains and South East.
Bray Central’s day-to-night leisure offering
Bray Central’s day-to-night leisure offering will be enhanced by the premium cinema anchor, Stella Cinema and a luxury 10 pin bowling alley. The development shall consist of the following:
- 256 car parking spaces at lower ground floor level with 320 cycle spaces
- Anchor Store 1 (on upper ground and first floor) (3,004 sqm)
- Anchor Store 2 (upper ground floor) (1,137 sqm)
- 8 retail units at upper ground floor level and at first-floor level (total 3,449 sqm)
- 3 restaurant units at upper ground floor level (one spanning first-floor level) (985 sqm)
- 3 business units at first-floor level (545 sqm)
- 5 screen cinema at upper ground, first and second-floor levels (2,410.5 sam)
- Change of use of Nos. 6-7 Eglinton Road (protected structures) from residential to office use, demolition of rear returns and outbuildings (144 sqm), construction of a glazed link extension to the rear of the structures) and refurbishment of previous office use at No.8 Eglinton Road (total 870 sqm)
- New urban street accessed from Main Street into the new development creating a central plaza with pedestrian access from Quinsborough Road, incorporating an events space, seating, landscaping and kiosks
- Demolition of Nos. 3 and 4 Florence Villas, Florence Road, (188 sqm) and creating new vehicular access for services at this location
- Demolition of No. 7 Main Street (194 sqm)Demolition of the façade of No.5 Main Street
- Demolition of bottle shed (75 sqm) to the rear of No. 2 Quinsborough Road
- Public vehicular access off Florence Road into a car parking area
- Pedestrian entrances from Main Street, Eglinton Road, Quinsborough Road and Florence Road
- Associated plant, site services, circulation areas, bin storage, lifts, ESB storage, ancillary storage, boundary treatments and all ancillary works.
It’s also becoming a foodie hub, with sought after concepts and restaurants. Bray Central will build on this by providing a diverse range of all-day restaurant and café options to cater for locals and new visitors to the area.
Elephant & Castle, named after the London hub, opened in New York City in 1973. It was soon a favourite among New Yorkers and visitors alike, with a menu whose dishes soon appeared throughout lower Manhattan restaurants – imitation is the best form of flattery after all! It led us to adopt a motto at the time of “Copied by many, excelled by none”.
Located on the ground floor, Bray Central will see the opening of the fifth Elephant & Castle. The restaurant will focus on a friendly, laid back service and a delicious menu with all of the Elephant & Castle’s favourites including, their juicy burgers and of course their famous wings.
Elephant & Castle is the ideal venue to host different occasions such as birthdays, family gatherings or a catch up with friends.
Wowburger will be another welcomed addition to the centre by its loyal customer base. If you haven’t tried Wowburger, the burgers are the star of the show with a wide range of toppings on offer to create your own signature burger. Everything on the menu has been carefully sourced even down to the fluffy potato buns which are made exclusively for Wowburger. Thick and creamy milkshakes, golden fries, crispy onion rings have won over a loyal legion of followers and will soon be enjoyed by both young and old in Bray Central.
Bray Central will offer a versatile shopping experience through a range of key anchors ranging in size from 4,000 to 20,000 sq.ft and smaller retail units ranging in size from 200 to 3,600 sq.ft.
Download Bray Central’s Brochure here.