The Bray & District Chamber of Commerce Endeavour Awards will look a little different this year, with the event going to a virtual format as a result of public health guidelines.
The awards have been running since 1981 and are designed to honour ordinary people doing extraordinary things.
So, do you know a person or organisation that has made a difference to the community of Bray? Well, nominations are now open under the following 5 Community categories:
- Person of the Year– Presented to the individual who has contributed most to the town of Bray and its environs
- Civic/Community– Presented to the individual or voluntary organisation that has contributed significantly to the community and civic life in Bray and District
- Sports Achievement– Presented to a team or individual that has achieved something extraordinary through sport
- Lifetime Achievement – Presented to an individual who has dedicated their life and time to something for many years and deserves to be recognised
- Young Achiever – Presented to someone under 21 years of age who has achieved something remarkable (in sport, academics, or arts)
In addition to community awards, Bray Chamber recognises local business and enterprise over a range of categories such as retail, hospitality and manufacturing and welcome nominations for consideration. We are also seeking nominees for “Customer Service Person of the Year”.
It is easy to nominate just scroll down this page and complete the form in full and hit submit! Nominations will also be accepted via email and post, just download the form here and send it to 10 Prince of Wales Terrace, Bray or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for receipt of nominations is noon Tuesday, September 29th, 2020.
All nominations received by the deadline will be considered by the Awards Adjudication Panel. Relevant categories will be shortlisted and then will go to a public vote in early October, so keep an eye on Bray Chambers’ website and social media profiles for updates.
Ruth Donnelly, Bray & District Chamber of Commerce President said “The Endeavour Awards recognises someone making a real difference in the local community. Given the additional challenges we all faced this year, we are certainly doing the right thing in hosting the awards albeit in a different format. Our unsung heroes deserve to be recognised and celebrated so I’m urging people to take part and make a nomination”.
Our gala award ceremony will be replaced with a virtual ‘Feel Good Friday Recognition Day’ on Friday, October 23rd, 2020 where the Chamber will bring the community together by celebrating the very best in our local community throughout the day on social media.
Let’s make Friday, October 23rd a real success, so why not a spark conversation by congratulating our 2020 winners by using #BrayEndeavourAwards hashtag on the following channels: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bray.chamber/, Twitter: https://twitter.com/braychamber or Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/braychamber/.
If you can’t access the nomination form please click here.