Fáilte romhaibh chuig ceiliúradh bliantúil Lá Fhéile Pádraig i mBré! Beidh imeachtaí suimiúla, spraoi agus ceol againn don teaghlach agus don bpobal ar fad. Tá súil againn go mbeidh deireadh seachtaine iontach agaibh ar fad!
Join us as the town of Bray comes alive to celebrate this year’s annual St. Patrick’s Festival from March 16th to 19th 2017. There’s plenty of things to do for the whole family including our new St. Patrick’s Eve Free Concert, along with our old favourites, the Festival Parade, Céilí Breakfast, Big Funday Out and the Bray Head Walk.
A big thanks to our sponsors who fund all the events, our committee, volunteers, participants and the emergency services.
Stroll down the page to find out more about the Festival events or you can download the brochure here.
Please note: Road closures will be in place on St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th) from 2pm until after 5pm to facilitate the Saint Patrick’s Day Bray parade.
Roads affected include:
- Main Street
- Quinsboro Road
- Seapoint Road
- Strand Road
Please click here to download #BrayParade route.
BIRDS EUROSHOW FUNFAIR
Seafront from Thursday 16th (from 2pm) to Sunday 19th March – 12.00 noon Daily
There is nothing quite like the thrill of a ride at the fair. This St. Patrick’s Weekend you can experience Bray’s biggest funfair back on Bray Seafront! (Attractions are individually priced more information from the box office on the ground).
ST. PATRICK’S EVE FREE CONCERT
Holy Redeemer – 16th March – 8.15pm
A cultural concert from some of Bray’s musicians and choirs. Join us for a wonderful evening featuring: Comhaltas Bhré, Bray Ukuleles, Serendipity Barbershop Choir, Chiéle Community Choir, Rustic Worship (Christ Church) plus many more…
ST. PATRICK’S BRAY HEAD WALK
Scenic Car Park – Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th – 12noon
Dust off those hiking boots and get hiking this St. Patrick’s Weekend. Take in some of the most stunning views of Bray and surrounding areas with a guided walk with Sugarloaf Adventures up and around the amazing Bray Head. You just need to bring your own refreshments. *Persons under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
There are limited numbers so make sure you book early by clicking here or below:
BIG FUNDAY OUT
The Civic Plaza – Sat 18th March – 1pm to 3pm
Free entertainment for the whole family at the Big Fun Day Out which features Irish Dancing, Face Painting, Street Performance, Friendly Snakes and a Bray Emmets Shoot-Out.
COFFEE DOCK CÉILÍ BREAKFAST
Boat House, South Beach Car Park – Sunday 19th March – 11.00am
A fun-filled course in Irish dancing followed by an open air Céilí with the Berry School of Dance. After all the dancing participating children can tuck into a small breakfast roll and a juice with compliments of The Boathouse Coffee Dock.
BRAY VINTAGE CAR DISPLAY
Bandstand, Seafront – Sunday 19th March – 2pm to 4pm
The Bray Vintage Car club will be showcasing some of their members beautiful vintage cars along Bray Seafront.
ST. PATRICK’S DAY – March 17th 2017
ECUMENICAL BLESSING OF THE SHAMROCK
Kylemore Nursing Home, Sidmonton Road Bray – 1pm
The annual community based blessing of the Shamrock and the connection with the Holy Trinity for St. Patrick’s Day.
ST. PATRICK’S FESTIVAL PARADE Friday, March 17th 2017
Town Hall to Viewing Stand Northern Seafront – Parade starts at 3pm
The sound, colour and pageantry will burst to life from the many bands, sports clubs, characters and dance troops so join us along the parade route, cheer on and show your support all the participants and help celebrate our national day. Watch out for our many music and MC stages that will keep you entertained from early on.
PARADE GRAND MARSHAL
This years Grand Marshal is Bray person of the year Dermot O’Brien. Dermot has been at the forefront of Voluntary Youth Work in Bray since he was in his mid teens. Founder of Celtic Youth Bray and Hi Rez youth, he continually strives to develop new and innovative ideas, groups, organisations and experiences for the Young People of Bray. He has given so much of his own personal time to youth mental health and he is one of those special people with an inexhaustible passion for youth work. Dermot has had an impact on the lives of so many young people in Bray, and is a true inspiration. He is a very deserving and popular winner of the Bray Person of the Year award 2016.
- 12th Wicklow Scout Group
- 5th Wicklow Sea Scouts
- Agricultural and Technical school, Croatia
- All Sorts Sweet Shop
- Ardmore Rovers
- Artastic Street Theatre
- Bray Cardiac First Responders
- Bray Emmets GAA
- Bray Golf Club
- Bray Hockey Club
- Bray Junior Musicals
- Bray Lions Club
- Bray Musical Society
- Bray Sailing Club
- Bray Vintage Car Club
- Bray Wanderers FC
- Civil Defence
- Classic American Motors Ireland v8
- Club Landrover Ireland
- Co Wicklow LTC
- East Coast FM
- Indonesian Community in Ireland
- Indonesian Irish Association
- Irish Falun Dafa Association
- Irish Girl Guides and Brownies
- Kaliwat Iliganon Association-ROI
- Kilmacanogue C.F.R.
- Kilmacanogue GAA
- Lakers Social and Recreational Club
- Lawless Academy of Irish Dancing
- Lisa Marie Berry Academy of Irish Dance
- Masters Temple
- Mermaid Arts Centre
- Reserve Infantry Battalion
- Scoil Rince Fáinne
- Shankill GAA Club
- Signal Arts Centre
- Southside Chinese Residence Association
- Tallaght Festival Band
- The Boomerang Band
- TNT GYM BRAY
- UrbanX Hip Hop
- Wicklow Fire Service
- YMAA Ireland King Fu
Correct information as of Monday, February 27th 2017.
WHATS ON GUIDE
All Events and times are subject to change.
PARADE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms and conditions will be enforced. All Terms and Conditions will run in conjunction with the Event Management Plan and Health & Safety requirements.
The Bray Chamber of Commerce St. Patricks Festival Committee reserves the following rights:
- To refuse any application if, in the opinion of the Organisers, the entry is not suitable for participation.
- To refuse any applications from any Political Party or organisation.
- To refuse any applications from any Government or Moral protest organisations.
- To refuse any commercial applications that the Festival Committee feels does not satisfy the artistic, cultural or entertainment value required for the Parade.
- No responsibility can be accepted by the Festival Committee for any loss or damage caused to exhibits or their personnel, or to members of the general public, Parade marshals, or the occupants of the viewing stands, arising from any cause whatsoever connected with the Parade.
- Participation in the Parade is entirely at the discretion of the Festival Committee. Photographs and description of purposed participant’s entry may be requested.
- To postpone, abandon or alter the route of the Parade if, in the opinion of the Organisers, such action is advisable in the common interest and no action will lie against the Organisers in respect of any loss incurred by any entrant on foot of such decision.
- All commercial filming of the Parade and exterior Festival events require a licence from Bray Chamber of Commerce. Application forms are available from the Bray Chamber.
- To retain all legal and image rights of participants and title to use, throughout the world of any photograph, video or film in connection with the Parade for use on TV, pay TV, theatrical or non theatrical release, or any other type of exhibition or exploitation including future Festival promotional material.
All participants in the Parade must be prepared to observe the following rules:
- That all application forms must be completed by over 18s and have insurance details, returned to Bray Chamber of Commerce by the dates in application forms and or any other dates communicated.
- The Parade is not to be used in any way as a vehicle for a means of protest. Any entry incorporating a protest will not be eligible, and the Organisers will be the final arbiters in deciding the matter. If, on the day of the Parade, any entry should take the form of a protest group without prior permission, the Organisers reserve the right to have that entry forcibly removed from the Parade and will accept no responsibility for consequent loss, damage or injury incurred by the entrant(s).
- It is the responsibility of each entry to nominate a representative who will attend the PARTICIPANTS MEETING at the Bray Chamber of Commerce and liaise with the Parade Production Team to ensure the smooth continuous flow of the Parade. Each group leader must act on the advice given by the Parade Production Team and communicate to their entire group.
- That all entries and music are in good taste and otherwise arranged so as not to cause harm or give offence to spectators or other participants in the Parade.
- Distributing flyers and promotional material along the parade route is not allowed.
- All entries must make themselves available to attend the prize giving ceremony in the Town Hall if they are winners of any of the categories. All parade participants must follow instructions from the Parade officials who will be clearly identified,
- The decisions of the Festival Committee are final and without appeal.