This is an application for approval for the redevelopment of an existing brownfield site of c. 0.968 ha, currentlya surface car park on a site bounded by Eglinton Road to the east, Quinsborough Road to the north, Main Street to the west and Florence Road to the south, Bray, Co. Wicklow.
The site incorporates Nos. 6-8,Eglinton Road which are Protected Structures, Nos. 3 and 4 Florence Villas, Florence Road and Nos.4-7 Main Street. The proposed development is for a three storey over lower ground floor, for use as a town centre, retail, office, restaurant and cinema development with a gross floor area of 23,423.5 sqm and including change of use of Nos. 6-7 Eglinton Road from residential to office use and demolition of Nos. 3 and 4 Florence Villas, Florence Road, the rear returns and outbuildings at Nos. 6-8 Eglinton Road and No. 7 Main Street.
The development shall consist of the following:
- 256 car parking spaces at lower ground floor level with 320 cycle spaces
- Anchor Store 1 (on upper ground and first floor) (3,004 sqm)
- Anchor Store 2 (upper ground floor) (1,137 sqm)
- 8 retail units at upper ground floor level and at first floor level (total 3,449 sqm)
- 3 restaurant units at upper ground floor level (one spanning first floor level) (985 sqm)
- 3 business units at first floor level (545 sqm)
- 5 screen cinema at upper ground, first and second floor levels (2,410.5 sam)
- Change of use of Nos. 6-7 Eglinton Road (protected structures) from residential to office use, demolition of rear returns and out buildings (144 sqm), construction of a glazed link extension to the rear of the structures) and refurbishment of previous office use at No.8 Eglinton Road (total 870 sqm)
- New urban street accessed from Main Street into the new development creating a centralplaza with pedestrian access from Quinsborough Road, incorporating an events space, seating, landscaping and kiosks
- Demolition of Nos. 3 and 4 Florence Villas, Florence Road, (188 sqm) and creating a new vehicular access for services at this location
- Demolition of No. 7 Main Street (194 sqm)Demolition of the façade of No.5 Main Street
- Demolition of bottle shed (75 sqm) to rear of No. 2 Quinsborough Road
- Public vehicular access off Florence Road into car parking area
- Pedestrian entrances from Main Street, Eglinton Road, Quinsborough Road and Florence Road
- Associated plant, site services, circulation areas, bin storage, lifts, ESB storage, ancillary storage, boundary treatments and all ancillary works.
The Environmental Impact Statement, plans and particulars of the proposed scheme will be available for inspection free of charge or purchase at a cost not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy during the hours Monday to Friday, 9am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm excluding Bank Holidays for the period from the19th July 2016 to the 31st August 2016 at the following location:
Municipal District of Bray, Civic Offices, Main Street, Bray, Co.Wicklow
The details may also be downloaded here.
Submissions and observations may be made in writing to An Bord Pleanála at 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 on or before 5.30 pm on the 31st August 2016 relating to the implications of the proposed development for proper planning and sustainable development in the area concerned and the likely effects on the environment of the proposed development, if carried out. Any submission/observation must be accompanied by a fee of €50 (except for certain prescribed bodies).
The Board may give approval to the application for development with or without conditions or may refuse the application for development. A person may question the validity of a decision of the Board by way of judicial review under Order 84 of the rules of the Superior Courts (S.I. No. 15 of 1986). Practical information on the review mechanism can be found on the Citizen Information Board Website at www.citizensinformation.ie and on the An Bord Pleanála website at www.pleanala.ie.
January 2016 – Bray Florentine Centre site moves planning applications stage. Click here to read the post.
July 2016 – Wicklow County Council proposes to seek the approval of An Bord Pleanála for the Florentine Centre. Click here to read the post.
November 2016 – Call for Expression of interest issued. Click here to read the post.
January 2017 – Planning permission has been granted to Wicklow County Council by An Bord Pleanala for a 13000m2 retail and cinema development at the heart of Bray’s Main Street. The development is estimated to cost €24M. Click here to read the post.