Today Bray.ie launched its autumn tourism campaign for 2018. The aim of the initiative is to achieve increased visitor numbers in order to help boost the local economy.
Our long-term objective is to bring the Bray brand to life, we will do this through our award-winning website bray.ie, helping build a more engaged relationship with current and potential visitors showcasing the many incredible experiences that you can’t get anywhere else.
From taking a stroll along the Victorian promenade to exploring the breathtakingly beautiful scenery from Bray head or the Cliff Walk, enjoying the great social scene to experiencing the vibrant town centre.
It’s the perfect time to see the leaves change in the People’s Park. You can shop for your winter wardrobe, watch some amazing performances at the Mermaid Arts Centre or simply catch a live gig at the many pubs throughout the town.
Explore our incredible coastline by coasteering with Bray Adventures or experience the underwater world at Sealife.
Make a splash with family and friends at Shoreline’s swimming pool or have a great paintball battle. You can even zoom along the zip-lines at Squirrel’s Scramble Tree Adventure Park or trek across Wicklow on horseback.
Tee off at one of the many renowned golf courses, which have remarkable views of Bray and South County Dublin, then afterwards unwind at one of the many bars, cafes and restaurants throughout the town.
But if you simply just want to relax and rejuvenate yourself you can at some of the best spa experiences which are right on our doorstep.
Pat Vance, Cathaoirleach of Bray Municipal District said, “We want to encourage people to book their family staycation or simply a weekend break to rediscover the district. Bray offers some of the best experiences in the country so why not relax, have an adventure and escape to our beautiful town this autumn.”
Some event highlights this autumn include:
- Bray Cualann Historical Society will hold a number of talks this autumn. Read more here:
- Culture Night returns Friday, 21st September – bray.ie/culturenight2018/
- Wicklow Film Festival from Friday, 21st September to Sunday, 23rd September – bray.ie/wicklow-film-festival-2018/
- Bray Literary Festival from Friday, 28th September to Sunday, 30th September – https://brayliteraryfestival.com
- Yarn Storytelling Festival from Saturday, 10th November to Sunday, 18th November – https://www.mermaidartscentre.ie/whats-on/events/category/yarn-storytelling-festival-bray
- The Bray Vintage Car Club presents a static car display on Bray Seafront as part of our ‘Original Garden of Ireland’ weekend on September 30, 2018. All cars wishing to participate must pre-register. Check out facebook.com/brayvintagecarclub for full details. Proceeds to COPD Support Ireland.
- Laugh out loud with some of the best Irish comedians visiting Bray this season which includes Tommy Tiernan, Deirdre O’Kane, Brendan Grace and The Nualas – https://www.mermaidartscentre.ie/whats-on/events/category/comedy
- Following an overwhelming debut year, The Harbour Bar Toastie Festival returns for another weekend of cheesy goodness from Friday, November 2nd to Sunday, November 4th 2018. Read more here.
There is plenty to explore in Bray so what are you waiting for….. enjoy a cosy break this autumn.
Our accommodation providers offer affordable experiences and seasonal offers to cater for all your needs.
Bray is a coastal town in County Wicklow and is situated about 20 km south of Dublin city centre on the east coast. It is the ninth largest urban area within the Republic of Ireland.
Bray is a resort town making it a destination for tourists and day-trippers, with a great social scene, bustling town centre and thriving industry.
In 2013 Bray saw a four-fold increase in bookings via ebookers making it the second most popular staycation destination in the country.
Bray.ie was crowned the ‘Best Connected Community’ in the Community and Council Awards in January 2017. The awards recognise and celebrate community and councils working together. You can read more about the awards here: http://www.bray.ie/bray-ie-wins-best-connected-community-award/.
The Bray autumn tourism campaign is supported by Bray Chamber, Wicklow County Council and Bray.ie. Bray.ie is a trading name of Bray Tourism.
Campaign taglines – Relax, have an adventure and explore Bray this autumn
Join the conversation – Our Campaign hashtag is #AutumnInBray